This healthy summer pasta salad is a colorful and refreshing dish that’s perfect for warm weather. It’s made with whole-grain pasta, which provides fiber and nutrients, and it’s loaded with a variety of fresh vegetables like cherry tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, and red onion. The black olives and feta cheese add a touch of saltiness and tanginess to the dish, while the fresh basil and parsley provide a burst of herbaceous flavor.
The dressing for this pasta salad is a simple mixture of olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, and honey, which adds a sweet and tangy flavor to the dish. It’s much healthier than store-bought dressings, which can be high in calories, sodium, and unhealthy fats.
This pasta salad is easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time, making it a great option for picnics, barbecues, or any summer gathering. It’s also a perfect dish for meal prep, as it can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days and enjoyed as a quick and healthy lunch or dinner. Overall, this healthy summer pasta salad is a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy the flavors of summer.
Healthy Summer Pasta Salad
- 8 oz whole-grain pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool it down.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, red onion, black olives, feta cheese, basil, and parsley.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss everything together until well combined.
- Chill the pasta salad in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving to let the flavors meld together.
This healthy summer pasta salad recipe makes around 4-6 servings, depending on the portion size. It’s a great side dish for a summer barbecue or potluck, and it can also be served as a light meal.
If you need to serve more people, you can easily double or triple the recipe and adjust the ingredients accordingly. The recipe can also be customized to suit your preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can swap out the feta cheese for a vegan cheese alternative or omit it altogether for a dairy-free option.
This healthy summer pasta salad is perfect for a light and refreshing meal on a hot day. It’s packed with colorful veggies and whole-grain pasta, and the homemade dressing is much healthier than store-bought alternatives. Enjoy!