With more people following a gluten-free or vegetarian diet these days, it’s always helpful to have a few go-to recipes on hand that are both delicious and satisfying. This gluten-free, vegetarian lasagna recipe is one such dish. Packed with fresh vegetables and three different types of cheese, this lasagna is sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
Before you get started on this recipe, be sure to choose gluten-free lasagna noodles, which can be found at most grocery stores. You’ll also want to select your favorite marinara sauce, as well as fresh veggies like zucchini, mushrooms, and bell peppers. The recipe calls for ricotta cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, and grated parmesan cheese, but feel free to experiment with different cheese combinations to suit your taste.
Vegetarian Lasagna (Gluten-Free)
- 12 gluten-free noodles
- 2 cups your favorite marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated parmesean
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups freshly sliced vegetable of your choice (zucchini, mushroom, or bell peppers)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions, and then drain them and rinse them with cold water to prevent them from sticking together.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place a layer of lasagna noodles on top of the marinara sauce, followed by a layer of sliced vegetables.
- Spoon half of the ricotta cheese mixture on top of the vegetables, and then sprinkle with one-third of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers, starting with marinara sauce, followed by noodles, vegetables, ricotta mixture, and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the lasagna cool for a few minutes before serving.
After just 50 minutes in the oven, your gluten-free, vegetarian lasagna will be ready to serve. Top with fresh herbs like basil or parsley, and serve with a green salad or some garlic bread on the side. This recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner or weekend meal with friends and family, and is sure to become a staple in your recipe collection.