Creamy Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo is a delightful plant-based twist on the classic Italian-American favorite, without the use of any animal products. This dish retains all the creamy richness of traditional Alfredo while providing a compassionate and equally delicious option for vegans and those looking to reduce their dairy intake.
To create this delectable dish, start by cooking fettuccine pasta to al dente perfection. While the pasta is cooking, prepare a creamy Alfredo-style sauce using a base of unsweetened almond milk or cashew cream, along with roasted garlic, nutritional yeast, and a touch of vegan butter or olive oil. This sauce achieves the same velvety texture and savory flavor as its dairy counterpart.
This Vegan Alfredo is a pure celebration of comforting flavors. Garnish your Creamy Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo with fresh chopped parsley or extra nutritional yeast for an added layer of flavor. This dish demonstrates that you don’t need dairy or additional proteins to enjoy a satisfying and kind-to-animals pasta experience.
Creamy Vegan Fettuccine Chicken Alfredo
For Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or any unsweetened plant-based milk)
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in hot water for 15 minutes and drained
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg optional
For Vegan Chicken
- 1 pkg vegan chicken strips or chunks such as seitan or tempeh
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by cooking the pasta according to the package instructions until it's al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the vegan alfredo sauce. In a high-speed blender, combine the soaked and drained cashews, almond milk, nutritional yeast, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg (if using). Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the vegan chicken strips or chunks, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Sauté until the vegan chicken is heated through and slightly browned, usually about 5-7 minutes. You can also add a splash of water or vegetable broth if needed to prevent sticking.
- Once the vegan chicken is ready, pour the vegan Alfredo sauce over it in the skillet. Stir well and cook for an additional 5 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken and coat the chicken evenly.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta to the skillet with the sauce and chicken. Toss everything together until the pasta is well coated with the creamy sauce.
- Serve your vegan chicken alfredo hot, garnished with fresh parsley or a sprinkle of nutritional yeast, if desired.
This Vegan Chicken Alfredo recipe is a delightful plant-based alternative to the classic Italian dish. Enjoy the creamy, indulgent flavors without any animal products. It’s quick to prepare and perfect for sharing with family and friends.