Sheet pan chicken and veggie bake.
Even during the coronavirus, nights can be busy. Sometimes you are just done from the day and do not want to do much more than sit and relax…but soon realize dinner still needs to be made. I mean, we all need to eat…there are only so many times you can do breakfast for dinner…right? 🙂 This chicken and veggie bake will do the trick in no time!
We have probably done this dinner once a week or so since my sister made me privy to it. Sometimes I make it while something else is in the oven for an easy meal prep lunch for my husband. Most of the time, this recipe is usually saved for the end of the week when we need to get rid of all the veggies we have not used. Throw a couple chicken breasts or thighs right on top of it and it is surprisingly delightful! And kid-approved! It is a ready to go dinner and done fairly quickly. If you wanted to make it easy on yourself, you could always prep the veggies beforehand by chopping them and having them all in a Tupperware in the fridge, but it really does not take that long.
Here is how we normally do it, obviously if you do not like a certain veggie, then substitute one that you like instead. I have also used chicken sausage instead of chicken breasts when I did not have any defrosted or forgot to go to the store.
Easy Chicken and Veggie Bake
- cookie sheet
- 1 bag of brussel sprouts
- 1 onion (red or white) chopped
- 5-10 garlic cloves chopped fairly large
- 1-2 green, yellow, red, orange, purple whatever color peppers (the more the merrier) chopped
- 1 bag of broccoli or cauliflower
- 1 zucchini or squash too chopped
- 1 bunch mini potatoes or chop potatoes to bite size
- 4-6 chicken breasts or thighs
- 3-5 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic salt to taste
- minced onion to taste
- red pepper flakes (or omit due to children or your taste)
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes, flip and another 10 min (we broil too for extra crispiness)
Pairs well with a nice white wine…or red…or beer…or a mixed drink for that matter. 🙂
Cheers, and enjoy!