Summer is the perfect time to slim down with fresh fruits and vegetables at nearly every corner. Skinny Summer Recipes are easier to find than you may think, and desserts, while they should always be something to tickle your sweet tooth, do not always need to be full of sugar and high in calories. We have found some sweet recipes that you can use to create healthy, but delicious treats for the entire family.
If your family can’t stay away from ice cream, start with this deliciously, healthy lemon frozen yogurt recipe from *Skinny Ms.
Lemon Frozen Yogurt
- 3 C Plain Low Fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tsp Lemon Zest
- 3/4 C Raw Honey
- 3/4 C Freshly Squeezed Lemons Appx 5 Lemons
- In a medium saucepan over heat, whisk the honey, lemon juice, and zest, and bring to a simmer, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes, just until the honey is dissolved into the lemon juice to make a syrup. Place the syrup in an uncovered, shallow container and refrigerate until completely chilled, about half hour, stirring occasionally to speed up the cooling process.
- Yogurt can be eaten as is (scooped out and eaten), or for frozen yogurt, place it in a sealable container., sealed with wax paper. Soft-serve frozen yogurt will harden in about an hour in the freezer.
Not everyone loves ice cream. So, if you like your summer treats chilled, but aren’t a big ice cream fan, you may be more inclined to savor a skinny summer treat that can still provide you with that fresh flavor. IF this is the case, choose the Fruit Smoothie.
Fresh Fruit Smoothie
- 6 Strawberries Chopped
- 1 Pineapple Chopped
- 2 Peaches Chopped
- 1 Mango Chopped
- 1 C Almond Milk Vanilla/Plain
- 1/2 C Coconut Greek Yogurt
- Combine chopped fruits
- Add almond milk & coconut yogurt
Frozen is not the only way to enjoy the tastes of summer. Maybe you don’t really like the brain freeze that comes with frozen foods. If frozen isn’t your chosen method to cool down, choose from one of my favorite, delicious fruit infused waters.
Your skinny summer recipes aren’t complete without at least one salad in the mix. Check out the following summer salad recipe to make your recipe list complete.
Summer Watermelon, Mint and Feta Salad
- 1 Watermelon Diced
- 1 TBSP Mint Chopped
- 1/2 C Low Fat Feta Cheese
- 1 Lime Halved
- Mix diced watermelon with feta and chopped mint.
- Halve a lime and add it to the top of the diced watermelon, feta and mint.