If you’re looking for a delicious and satisfying vegan pasta dish, this vegan carbonara recipe is a must-try. With its creamy and flavorful sauce made with a combination of cashews, nutritional yeast, and miso paste, this recipe is perfect for anyone who loves classic carbonara but wants to avoid animal products.
This recipe is also very easy to customize, so you can add your own personal touch to it by adding your favorite vegan bacon bits, fresh herbs, or even some sautéed veggies to the dish. So, let’s get started and whip up a batch of this delicious vegan carbonara!
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 teaspoon onion power
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- vegan bacon bits (optional)
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water according to the package instructions until al dente.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a blender or food processor, combine the cashews, nutritional yeast, miso paste, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, salt, and black pepper. Add 1 cup of water and blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sauce to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until heated through and thickened slightly.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti and add it to the pan with the sauce. Toss to coat the spaghetti with the sauce.
- Serve the vegan carbonara with chopped fresh parsley and vegan bacon bits, if desired.
We hope you enjoyed this vegan carbonara recipe and that it will become a new favorite in your recipe collection. It’s a delicious and satisfying dish that’s perfect for any occasion, and it’s a great way to enjoy a classic pasta dish while staying true to your plant-based lifestyle.
Feel free to experiment with this recipe and make it your own by adding your favorite vegan ingredients or swapping out some of the spices to create your own unique flavor profile. And if you have any leftovers, they make for a delicious lunch or dinner the next day. Enjoy!